Together is a beautiful
place to be
The Red Rhino Outreach Project is committed to providing its donors with a reliable means to make a difference in the lives of some of the poorest children in Kenya through an efficiently run non-profit organization.
Red Rhino Outreach Project houses, nurtures, and educates abandoned children.
The Red Rhino Outreach Project provides a safe place for orphaned children to live, grow, and receive an education. It has become a home for our children, one where they can learn, develop, and know that they are safe, all made possible by the generosity of the Red Rhino Family of donors.
From Orphanage to Outreach
As discussed in other Newsletters, the board has been considering changing the name of the project to the public from the Red Rhino Orphanage Project to the Red Rhino Outreach Project. Well, we have done it! The reasons include:
- It is against the Kenyan government’s national policy to use the word
‘orphanage’ for a home for kids (that is why in Kenya the facility is called the Red Rhino Children’s Home as the name of our NGO there).
- The word orphanage has certain connotations especially in Africa and we feel it is best for the kids to not have the stigma.
- While we are completely committed to our Red Rhino children for the long haul, we have phased out taking new kids for a number of years. We have instead focused our resources on helping more kids through our Outreach Program and this will be the area of our growth.
- Outreach represents the long range vision of Red Rhino more distinctly.
- Please note: Legally our 501(c)(3) name will remain Red Rhino Orphanage Project (at least for some time to come) and you will continue to see it on our materials and online while we make the transition.
- Outreach conveniently fits the ‘O’ slot in RROP!